Good Wool for All

Musings on knitting and life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: 6 Miles from Lost City, On Clear Creek, in Oklahoma, United States

I'm a quiet soul living in the foothills of the Ozarks in rural Oklahoma. I am not of the plains - I am of the hills, valleys, water and wind.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Deep breathes....

Chart Two is finished, finally. Halfway through the chart I encountered a rough patch, even on the so-called rest rows. I unknitted and reknitted on almost every row after row eight. Sometimes more than once. It wasn't fun and it wasn't pretty.
Finally I broke the pattern into sequences and began tallying each repeat of each sequence so I could stay on track.
The details - Chart Two ended with 356 stitches, the top measures approx. 62 inches and just over 40 grams remain.

Breathe....Breathe...
If 14 rows of Chart Two used 12 grams of yarn and I have 40 rows remaining...

I'll use approximately 34 grams to complete Chart Three and Four. Then there are the last rows and the bind off.

It's going to be very very close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home