Good Wool for All

Musings on knitting and life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: 6 Miles from Lost City, On Clear Creek, in Oklahoma, United States

I'm a quiet soul living in the foothills of the Ozarks in rural Oklahoma. I am not of the plains - I am of the hills, valleys, water and wind.

Friday, February 01, 2008

In Praise of Purl

In Oklahoma at our farm we had snow yesterday, just a bit, but snow nonetheless. As soon as the ground was white, we put on boots and walked along the bank of the creek while big fluffy flakes fell on us. It was cold, wet, and delightful. I love the cozy feeling I get when we return to the farmhouse and I stand in front of the old Wood King pot-bellied stove. Happy and content - that's the best description.

For days I've been worn out with knitting on the Gray Cable Sweater. Miles and miles of stockinette. But the body is nearly done. The sleeves and gigantic cable neck trim remain. I've been avoiding them though.

Instead I cast on a design-free purse. Just a big rectangle knit on straight needles in yes - stockinette. It'll be a messenger bag when finished and it requires very little thought beyond sewing seams and attaching a shoulder strap. Funny - I was so bored after all the stockinette on the gray sweater on circs that I was leery of starting this bag. But the yarn is bright and purling on the wrong side is actually enough relief that it's going along fine! I'm using Jane Addams, Schaefer Yarn .

My first shipment from the Rockin Sock Club arrived! But I can't show you that now can I??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home