Good Wool for All

Musings on knitting and life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: 6 Miles from Lost City, On Clear Creek, in Oklahoma, United States

I'm a quiet soul living in the foothills of the Ozarks in rural Oklahoma. I am not of the plains - I am of the hills, valleys, water and wind.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Year End Knitting

The Notre Dame de Grace by Veronik Avery from the Summer 2007 IK is almost complete.  The body, which was originally about 1 1/2 inches too short, has dried on the rack and is a good length.  The sleeves are knitted and ready to attach.  Maybe later today I'll accomplish that final task.  
The yarn is an organic wool from Full Belly Farm.  It is a nice gray/brown color that while it doesn't scream "look at me!" does provide a comforting casual look.  
I am greatly impressed with Avery's design.   It is one of the very few patterns that I've knit without changing a thing and without finding a single error.  Yesterday I went searching through back issues of IK for other sweaters by the same designer.  And yes, the next sweater will be another Avery offering - but with one change.  For now though I'm anxious to finish the Notre Dame.  
Here is a nice photo.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home