Good Wool for All

Musings on knitting and life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: 6 Miles from Lost City, On Clear Creek, in Oklahoma, United States

I'm a quiet soul living in the foothills of the Ozarks in rural Oklahoma. I am not of the plains - I am of the hills, valleys, water and wind.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mending the Tattered Web of my Heart the World

by Jane Mara 2006
from the 2008 We’Moon Datebook


I am mending
the tattered web of my heart, the world,
with plush emerald yarn
of compassion and generosity.
I darn holes torn by blame and judgement
with soft and sturdy strands
of kindness and understanding.

May I repair jagged rips
torn by despair and grief
with braided grasses of gratitude
and deep purple reeds of acceptance
of things as they are.

And where anger and fear
burned gaping holes,
may I reweave
with golden threads of forgiveness,
gleaming copper cords of courage,
and strong silver strands of trust
in the mysterious and holy unfolding
of what is greater than I can know.

To strengthen
this web of my heart, the world,
I send out these healing threads,
to anyone who needs them,
anyone at all
in this whole world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home