Good Wool for All

Musings on knitting and life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: 6 Miles from Lost City, On Clear Creek, in Oklahoma, United States

I'm a quiet soul living in the foothills of the Ozarks in rural Oklahoma. I am not of the plains - I am of the hills, valleys, water and wind.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Next Project!



Pattern Cable Trim Pullover from Fall 2006 Vogue
Yarn Berroco Salt & Pepper Ultra Alpaca (dark gray)


I'm not fond of ribbed waists and wrists. They are just not flattering unless you are uber thin. Which I'm not. So I'm thinking a simple folded under hem on sleeves and body will be better suited for my frame. I may lengthen the body of the sweater by maybe an inch as well.

The yarn was originally bought to make the Marcel's Sweater in the Interweave Favorites book. But while swatching I realized that the legend for the chart had five blank squares. Five! I've emailed Interweave, twice, requesting errata but so far no response. In the middle of the night this sweater popped into my noggin. First thing this morning I checked the yarn requirements (they used Blue Sky Alpaca) and I have enough of the Berroco! I even have the right size needle. Now how good is that???

IK emailed the corrections to the Marcel's Sweater and should have them posted on their website any day now. If you can't find it - email me and I'll get them to you!

2 Comments:

Blogger CentyB said...

Yes! There is errata, which IK confirmed when I emailed them a couple of months ago. From Nancy at IK: (snip) Oh my goodness--you're right! Thanks for bringing the missing information to our attention. You can find the corrected key at

http://www.interweaveknits.com/corrections/winter03.asp.

Hope this helps!
-diane

4:50 PM  
Blogger Lost City Denise said...

Diane - I did receive an email with the corrections from IK a few days after this posting. Since I didn't know which issue Marcel's Sweater was in before the book I didn't locate the errata that you found!

Thanks

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home