Good Wool for All

Musings on knitting and life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: 6 Miles from Lost City, On Clear Creek, in Oklahoma, United States

I'm a quiet soul living in the foothills of the Ozarks in rural Oklahoma. I am not of the plains - I am of the hills, valleys, water and wind.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Small things

When the new baby (my great-niece) arrived in town for a few hours, I flew into action. On the ride to Tulsa Chris suggested, jokingly I believe, that I knit a pair of baby socks. I've been knitting socks all week, his Giftmas socks and my STR socks. More socks??? Of course! We stopped at Loops and I snagged a skein of Koigu in bright pinks and oranges. I made up the pattern as I went along, based on my standard toe-up pattern. At one point Chris asked if the sock weren't too small. "She weighs less than six pounds!" I said as I turned the heel on the first sock. I looked at it and thought - it's huge!
My Hillarey was less than six pounds. Her foot was tiny.
Reassured I knit on. Two baby socks = just under five hours. Continuous knitting, except for two quick phone calls. I finished with 45 minutes to spare before we were due at Hideaway Pizza.
We arrived and before long I got a chance to see Sydney's toes. Yep, the socks are huge! But I think the parents liked them (maybe it was the check below the socks).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home